Twitter app scrolls to top when back from comment issue gets acknowledged

ads


Twitter is one of the most popular social networks worldwide. Since its launch, its micro-blogging format with limited characters for direct posting has attracted many users.


Like other social networks, the service is available in multiple forms. You can use both a web version and a dedicated Twitter app for mobile devices.


However, in recent days, Twitter app users have been suffering from an annoying bug that directly affects navigation through posts/threads.




Twitter app back button scrolling to top of threads


According to multiple reports, the issues started since a recent update. Now, when pressing the back button, the app does not remember the section of a thread where the user was.




More specifically, the glitch occurs when the user selects a sub-thread of replies within a thread on Twitter app. When pressing the Back button, the interface returns to the beginning of the main thread.



The issue is explained in much more detail in the following report:




Situation: I’m reading a long thread, I see that one tweet within that thread has multiple replies, so I click on that tweet to read them. When I’ve read them, I press the Back button to resume reading the thread.


Before: I press the Back button, it returns me to the main thread, at the position I was last viewing.


Now: I press the Back button, but it instantly scrolls up to the top of the thread. So then I have to scroll all the way back down, to resume reading where I was up to.

Source




Twitter team is already aware

The Twitter team is already aware of the glitch. Currently, the company is working on a fix, but there is still no estimated arrival date for its rollout.


For now, affected users can only wait for the company to confirm that the fix is ready, and they can use the app normally again.


If there are new updates related to the Twitter app back button bug in the next few days, we will update this article with the relevant information. So, stay tuned with us.

ads
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.